Thursday, February 28, 2008

Another year older....

Well, it is official, I am another year older. Sometimes I don't mind my birthdays and then other times I hate them. This one is kinda in between. My hubby and son greeted me with cards when I got out of the shower this morning. Parker's was SO CUTE. He had written "Mom" on the outside and signed his name on the inside. Most of you are probably like, that's not that big of a deal. But it is to me, because it shows how grown up he is becoming. I can't get over that he is 4 and such a big man now. He was so excited to show me what he had written. Once I was at work, I was greeted by an abundance of flowers from my students and presents from them as well. I even received 2 cheesecakes...one of which was homemade by my room mom. Let's just say, DELICIOUS! During my break today, flowers were delivered to me...from Parker and David. Here is a pic of them. This doesn't do them justice...but you get the idea.

I will wrap the birthday night up at my parents with a cake homemade by my grandmother. It doesn't get much better than that. I will probably do a very low key dinner with a few friends and David this weekend. We haven't really planned anything and I am okay with that. I mean, is 31 really that big a deal? I try really hard to ignore the number and remember...I feel as young as I did in high school/early college. It's all in my mind:) I have to say, David is pretty wonderful. You see, his dad died on this day 17 years ago and his grandmother 12 years ago on this day. He has done everything he can to make this day special for me since we have been together. And deep down, this is a sad day for him and his mom. I just want to say, Thank you to him for going above and beyond to make birthdays special.

3 comments:

April S. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! That is so sweet of David to do so much for you on such a crazy day for him. Sounds like your birthday has already been great and is only getting better. And Parker is really growing up too! However, I wanted to point out that he is ALMOST 4 and a HALF...lol...just thought I would point that one out. Again, happy birthday.

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I am sorry that I am just now telling you that. You are one lucky and loved lady!! It just seems like yesterday that you turned 30 and we were at Ernestine and Hazels celebrating. WOW... time is flying by. I hope you enjoyed your birthday!!!

Dana, Dale, Zac, Taylor and Jackson said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like it was an awesome one. Birthday's mean so much when your children are able to acknowledge them. They are so excited about all the little things. Enjoy your little man as long as you can. You are right - they grow up way too fast.

Happy Birthday!