Saturday, June 21, 2008

Parker's Big Brother Class

Today was Parker's Big Brother Class. Let me tell you, for those of you who are expecting your 2nd child, this class was GREAT! It was offered through Methodist Hospital and I would definitely recommend it to everyone.

The day started with Parker making a Happy Birthday card for Caroline. He was so cute drawing a birthday cake. The instructor then read a book to the kids about mommy being pregnant and what goes on with her body. She, the instructor, also passed around replicas of what the baby looks like at 10 wks, 15 wks, 20 wks, and 30 wks. Parker was completely enthralled with these babies. The kids then watched an Arthur video that did a great job of explaining all of the things that are going to be happening soon.

At this point, we took a small break and all of the kids were given Big Brother/Big Sister shirts. Parker is sleeping in his as I type! Now to the hands on part. Parker was able to practice changing a diaper on a baby and then was taught how to swaddle the baby. Once he had that baby wrapped up, he fed the baby a bottle. Needless to say, David and I could not stop smiling and laughing. Because as gentle as he was at times, he was just as rough at times. I know he will be okay with a real baby, but it is still scary to think about.

For the finale to our day, our instructor took us on a tour of the floor we would be staying on and showed the kids the nursery. Parker was so excited to see the little babies in the nursery. He has said a few times recently that he is ready for Caroline to be here. Little does he know he is probably gonna want to send her back once she is here! HA HA Hope you enjoy the little pic we took. It is priceless.

3 comments:

April S. said...

That is so sweet! I LOVE the picture! I forgot that Methodist offered that class, we will definitely have to sign up Tatum when the time comes. Parker is going to be a great help I bet. How are YOU doing? Are you getting ready? Is the nursery done? You don't have too much longer.

Side note, yep, my dr. is in the Memphis OBGYN group, Dr. Bannister. She delivered Tatum(along with Mckayla and Mya).

The Duff Family said...

What a cute picture. We definitely need to find a class like that in Nashville for Hayden.

Unknown said...

That is the COOLEST thing that I have ever heard of, I did not know that they offered that kind of class. I am so excited for you all!!

I don't know what you and April are talking about with the Dr but Dr. Bannister delivered Mackenzie too.