Friday, December 28, 2007

So major changes in our family

Considering that I haven't posted since the month of April, I figured it was time to update. As many people know by now, I am pregnant. David and I found out on Thanksgiving morning that we are expecting. We have been trying for a little while, so we are absolutely THRILLED to be adding to our family. Parker can't WAIT to be a big brother. He insists that we are having a girl and that his Uncle Biggs and Aunt LaLa are having a boy. We shall see. My parents can't wait to have 2 more grandchildren in the mix. Wes and Lauren are expecting a baby on June 28th. I went for my first OB appointment on the 18th and I was exactly 7 weeks. We were able to see the baby on the ultrasound(looks like a grain of rice) and the heartbeat(167 bpm). It's funny how things work out! I know a ton of people pregnant now. It must be in the water. With this new bundle of joy on the way, I am going to attempt to be better about updating my blog. Not sure who reads this, but for those few that do, I want to keep you up to date.

There are so many things going on in our lives right now, but one is hitting way too close to home. My dear friend Stephanie Vasofsky is dying of Cervical Cancer. She is 28 years old and has a 2 year old daughter. We have been very good friends since the beginning of my teaching career. She has had such a positive influence on my life. She has helped me refocus my life on the important things and helped me realize the things that don't matter so much. I have a huge whole in my heart thinking about her impending death. We all know that she will be in a better place and that she will feel no pain. She is the strongest Christian I know and I thank God for her daily. There were 9 of us who taught 3rd grade at Kate Bond and we have all stayed in touch. She will be greatly missed when she passes on, but our memories of her will live on forever. Please pray for her family and if you would like to visit her website it is www.caringbridge.org/visit/stephanievasofsky

Here are a few pics of Steph.....

Angie, Carn, Lindsay, Stephanie, and Me at the McDade Halloween party many moons ago!
Stephanie and her dear husband Randy in Gatlinburg,TN during Fall Break.

Lindsay, Nicole, Stephanie, and Angie

I will cherish these pictures as long as I live. The time I have had with Stephanie has been precious time. The time we have with ALL of our friends and family should be cherished because we don't know what tomorrow holds. Until next time.....

2 comments:

April S. said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! Parker is going to be the best big brother. Hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months and I will keep your family in my prayers. I look forward to reading your documentation of the pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I know that you guys have been trying for a while and I am so proud!!!!